There are many terms on Internet topics today that may be beyond your comprehension. One of them may have recovered, a concept that very few people are aware of. And yet, it is very important.
If you want to know what retreating means, how it works, its advantages and disadvantages, as well as the types and improvements you can give it, don’t hesitate to take a look at the following information.
What is a retreat?
Think for a second you were transposed into the karmic-driven world of Earl. You’re looking for e-commerce, you’ll be logged in, you’re looking at foods and losses, you’re looking at products, and, all of a sudden, you’re not going to stop shopping for any reason (you have to go, it seems expensive) Yes, you better think it). So you left. But why are these products starting to appear on Facebook? And why do you get ads for the same thing when you browse other web pages? Have they booked us?
The truth is that there is a culprit in all of this: recovery.
It’s a “legal” digital marketing technique responsible for drawing attention to impress consumers with the things they’ve interacted with. In other words, we’re talking about reminding consumers of the products they’ve seen or are interested in, so they don’t forget about themselves (even if they’ve already bought them). ۔
If you are wondering if you can say something about it, the fact is that it is not easy. To work again, what they do is “put pressure” on some cookies in your browser. And it happens on almost all web pages. Therefore, when you enter a second party that accepts third-party ads, they become “personalized” with products or stores you’ve visited before.
It is a way to tell the user that they have visited a product and a website. Or that you have left something incomplete (purchase of a product, replacement of this site with other sites, etc.).
Therefore, its operation is very simple:
- You go to a web page, either with a product, with a news item, etc. At this stage, the cookie is installed in your browser.
- You go out and go to another website. You will then begin to see that its publicity is related to what you have visited before.
- You go to social networks, and that’s what happens.
And the fact is that cookies are very selective and creative not to forget the interest you have shown. So, when you stop looking for it or change it to another product, the ad changes.
Advantages and disadvantages of recovery
Now that you know how to recover a little better, you should know that there are some disadvantages to using it while it offers benefits. In more detail, you should know that, in addition to the benefits, you should:
- Reach a limited audience that is interested in your product. In fact, according to the results, many people are buying the product they are looking for, perhaps not in the beginning, but the short term.
- You can do specific branding by focusing on customers who have shown interest in the company or product.
- You can categorize ads based on user behavior. That way, you can select a limited number of your products and bring them closer to the customers based on what they’re looking for or want so that conversions can increase significantly.
- You impress consumers with products they are interested in. And that means you have a better chance of finally buying.
For their part, the losses you are going to find with recovery are:
- Damage your reputation, especially if you are exposed to advertisements that can be considered intrusive and disturbing, making the person want to know nothing about the company.
- Repeat, especially when the purchase has already been made, advertisements for this product keep coming, annoying the consumer.
- You may find that your behavior is being spied on and, therefore, feel insecure, make purchases more distant over time (or that you do not want to implement them). There are times when many “Shield” browsers do not have cookies installed on them.
Types of recovery
Now that you know what retreating is, the pros and cons, and how it works, you’ll need to know that there’s not just one offense to apply for, but many more. And each one can be the best in every case.
Thus, you get:
We’re talking about the most common because when you go to a web page, you get it, whether it’s just a blog, a website, e-commerce, and so on. Once you arrive, it will leave a “cookie” in the browser that you are using to navigate through it so that when you leave, you will start looking for it from the business you are visiting. View related ads
This is a different form of rate aggregation that only applies to e-commerce. What are you doing? When you have a large number of products, it allows you to move ads automatically so that you can influence the content displayed to others.
This is similar to the above, only if the ads will be displayed not on other websites or while browsing, but on social networks, especially Facebook, Twitter.
Retargeting in email
Well, yes, there may be a retargeting in the email. To do this, a cookie is introduced in the browser to display ads for this company. And they do this as soon as they open your incoming mail.
Why is it that you don’t stop seeing its advertisement when you are looking for a product? Well, yes, that’s right, you can now become known as a Lord of the Rings.
Retrieving Cookie Lists Ret
You may have an email list. And many of those who have just left an email and have expressed interest at some point will have a cookie in their browser. What does this allow? Well, even if they haven’t been to your site for a while, they can show ads related to it.