PayPal is the most secure and fast mode of payment in the internet e-commerce world. With this account, you can send money to any country in the world. Also, creating a PayPal account was free, and that means that when you have to do something online, instead of using your bank card, transfer, or cash on delivery, you can choose because it was fast and safe.
And it still is. Over time, this has faded into the background, as more payment methods have emerged and consumer habits have finally led them to rely on other methods.
What is PayPal?
PayPal is a company. American-born offers payment and shipping systems for both consumers and businesses, allowing the transfer of money between consumers. It was founded in 1998 and is still active today, although it has faced more and more competitors leaving it in the background than other forms of payment.
Why use PayPal?
Previously, PayPal was very useful for people who started working online. That is, copywriters, copywriters, web designers because it was a fast, direct and secure way to pay for your work in advance or not.
But not only that. Many online stores have started enabling payments through PayPal, so you don’t have to provide your bank details or credit card, just your email, which gives you security. Was And although you have to pay commission in these online stores to keep your data safe. It was beneficial.
As such, PayPal is still an effective method today and one that you can use a lot. For example:
- You can buy it in online stores with a payment method. We speak of eBay, for example, e-commerce with this payment system, AliExpress.
- You can send money to friends and family. They do not charge commissions when they are in Spain, but there may be some commissions (sometimes smaller than other payment methods) when they are abroad.
- You can request payment for products and/or services. For example, for a client, you have to pay.
- You can receive money, either from clients, friends, family, etc.
How to create a PayPal account
You need to know what steps you should take to do so, and here we describe each of them.
Go to the PayPal page.
There is no other way to create a PayPal account, so be careful if you see a website where they are managing to create it for you. Plus, it’s a free procedure that won’t cost you more than 5 minutes.
The first step is to visit their website and click the “Create Account” button.
Fill in the details.
Next, the first piece of information you are going to request is that you entered the email. This will be the email that will link your PayPal account to your bank (and credit card). Do it, or use it a little with security. Extremely, to avoid problems.
Once you have entered it, click the Continue button.
At this point, you must enter data such as country, name, surname, and password (again, choose a very secure one).
To create a PayPal account, you need to enter bank details.
Okay, yes, now it’s time to keep your bank details. PayPal needs this information to know where to get the money to pay. Once you have done this, PayPal must authenticate. That is, it will deposit and reimburse you with some numbers in your account. It takes 1-3 days, and you will need the code to verify your PayPal account and the bank account is yours to start using it.
And that’s it. Once verified, you will be able to work with PayPal as you wish (and allow it as a payment method).
PayPal fees in the future
We can’t leave you without commenting on the details of this article first, especially since it was recently announced, and you should, based on that, keep it in mind.
And, because so many PayPal accounts have been abandoned, the company has decided to “charge” them. What do we mean? That your PayPal account will have a maintenance fee of 12 euros per year.
Wait before you say you no longer want to create a PayPal account. As long as you do not use your PayPal account, you will have to pay this fee (in fact, it will be taken from the bank practically immediately).
That is, we’re talking about commissions. If you don’t use your PayPal account to pay, send, or receive money, it will work. Otherwise, you won’t have to pay anything because you’re telling them your account is active, and that’s what they want when users who sign up pay them (or send money) to others. Use
How to close your PayPal account
If you are going to create a PayPal account and then you will not use it, either because you do not see it working or for some other reason, you need to avoid this commission. You must close your PayPal account.
To do this follows these steps:
- Visit the official PayPal page. Once there, enter your email and password to be able to enter your account.
- Once inside, go to “My Account” and from there to “Profile.”
- In the profile, you will find several boxes, one of them, at the end of everything, since everything is being closed account.
- Once you do this, it will ask you to confirm that you want to close your account. If you return it, it will close your account, and you will not be able to retrieve it, meaning you will have to start using PayPal again. A new one has to be created.