2021 has arrived. What kind of trends will happen in the field of digital marketing? How should brands respond? This article starts from the three aspects of market & internet environment, consumer expectations, media & marketing, and sorts out 20 important statistical content on future marketing trends, hoping to provide reference and guidance for brand owners and marketing workers.
1. The global advertising economy is picking up, and the Chinese market will grow by 9.2%.
According to the mid-2020 global forecast report, the new crown pneumonia epidemic has significantly transformed the global advertising economy, and the global advertising industry spending will fall by 11.9%. At the same time, it is predicted that the advertising industry will quickly recover in 2021, and global advertising outside the United States is expected to grow by 8.2% in 2021. The Chinese market will grow by 9.2%. Among the top 10 markets, Japan (15%), the United Kingdom (12.6%), Germany (10.6%), Brazil (15.0%), and Australia (25.2%) are expected to experience double-digit growth.
2. Mobile Internet advertising accounted for nearly 90%, further squeezing PC advertising.
According to the report, the mobile terminal accounted for nearly 90%. It is expected that OTT and smart hardware will further squeeze PC advertising in the next two years, from 1.9% in 2019 Increased to 7.1% in 2022. At that time, PC advertising may only be left 4.6%.
3. The activeness of mobile Internet users continues to increase.
Affected by the epidemic, users of the entire network have further increased their dependence on the mobile Internet. The average daily usage time per capita and the number of apps opened have increased to a certain extent.
4. The commercialization of 5G is fully popularized. User terminals are undergoing a comprehensive iteration of the smooth experience brought by 5G technology, allowing users to take the lead in in-depth use in the fields of video, social networking, and games. The impact of the 5G iteration on China’s mobile Internet has quietly occurred.
5. Offline life scenes continue to shift and integrate online.
With the overall development of the digital economy, offline life scenes are shifting online. The scale of users in shopping consumption, life, office, and travel industries has shown rapid growth. The degree of user usage is also constantly deepening, especially for people over 46 years old, becoming an important growth point for the comprehensive deepening of mobile Internet.
6. Consumers are more loyal to brands that are consistent with their values.
64% of consumers worldwide will buy brands that are consistent with their beliefs and principles. The concept of “voting with a wallet” is becoming more and more common. Consumers are more loyal to brands that are consistent with their values. Show loyalty.
7. Users expect deeper participation in brand activities
Research shows that 56% of people have participated in at least one brand event in the past year. The majority of respondents participated in lower-level activities-32% of people participated in brand conversations. Still, the deeper, high-input form of participation was also fully reflected, and 21% provided online suggestions for products or services, 15% of people gave direct design opinions, which all reflect strong brand participation.
Entrepreneurs can differentiate themselves from the competition by developing interactive strategies that contribute to deeper engagement and maximize the mutual benefits of customers and brands.
8. Consumers’ sense of identity gradually increases.
Identity is unique to individuals. Consumers are challenging the status quo, getting rid of stereotyped definitions of race, gender, and sexual orientation, and looking at identity in a more fluid and customized way. It is predicted that in the next few years, this liquidity will develop into all aspects of identity and enter new product categories. Consumers are willing to understand and express themselves and their place in society.
9. Faster growth in advertising revenues of media types with near-monetization and near-users.
New media break the circle and continue to compete for the mainstream media’s advertising share. The development of 5G promotes the development of the Internet industry and drives new forms of advertising. New channels may become a new ceiling for new media advertising revenue growth. E-commerce and information platform advertising revenue grew faster.
10. The digital expansion of traditional media advertising continues to increase.
In 2020, the digital expansion of TV, radio, print, and outdoor advertising reached 31 billion US dollars, accounting for 13% of total advertising activities (up from 22 billion US dollars five years ago, or 7 %). Digital expansion is expected to continue to occupy the share of traditional advertising, but the pace will slow down until 2024, which will account for 16% of traditional media advertising expenditures.